Friday has arrived! Last week was a short work week which made this one feel like it was going to last forever. But the weather finally seems to be warming up so I can’t complain too much! As you know, I have made the switch in my blogging niche for Fall for Maine to more home decor focused posts. I love everything about designing your own space to fit your personality.
If you are interested in blogging about your passions take the plunge by checking out my post on Choosing SiteGround over Bluehost the self-hosted guide for beginner bloggers. It is the perfect start to begin your blogging journey off right. If you sign up for SiteGround with my link you get a free domain, free site builders, free 1-click WordPress install, 24/7 support and all for only $3.95 a month! You really can’t beat a deal like that.
Fridays I like to focus on my favorites, whether it be moments from the past week, products I am loving or styles that I can’t get enough of. If you remember a couple Friday’s ago I posted all about the brand new Opalhouse collection at Target, highlighting my favorite pieces. If you missed it, check it out here. I am loving Target’s new Opalhouse collection. The perfect combination of boho chic to really amp up your home decor game. Though it’s only been open to the public for a couple weeks a lot of people are noticing similarities to Anthropologies home decor style. If you’re an Anthropologie lover and can afford their beautiful products then more power to you! But for people like myself, Anthropologie style dupes are a gift from the Gods.
You May Also Like: Kitchen Gadget Must-Haves at Walmart
Anthropologie vs. Opalhouse
- Green Velvet Chair – This will probably be my most expensive dupe in this post. I Absolutely adore the style of both chairs with the jewel-toned green velvet and skinny gold chair legs. There is an obvious difference in shape and price, however, both would create a similar presence in a living space.
2. Fringe Hammock – These cream-colored fringed hammocks are pretty similar in both style and price. It really comes down to the details on this one. I am more partial to Opalhouse’s fringe style rather than the more straight fringe on Anthropologie, but that is just personal opinion.
3. Throw Pillows – Opalhouse definitely took some notes on beautiful boho, textured throw pillows. After reading a few reviews both are great in quality!
4. Baskets – I never thought I would be a decorative basket person but the more I see this trend arising again the more I fall in love with it. I have no idea what I would use these for they are just simply cute! The only question is…tassels or pom poms?
5. Wallpaper – Wallpaper seems to be all the rage. Especially removable wallpaper that is perfect for those who rent out apartments or just like to switch things up frequently. Thought I couldn’t find exact matches there is similar aesthetics that both Opalhouse and Anthropologie portray. Whether you go for palm trees or pineapples the vibe is pretty much the same.
6. Lighting – All of the light fixtures in my house are outdated so I am brainstorming exactly what kind of style I want to replace them with. A bold lighting fixture can really transform a room and become the focal point of its entire aesthetic so I must choose wisely. These wicker, boho ceiling lights are super cool.
7. Poufs – Like I mentioned in my Opalhouse Favorites post I have always wanted a pouf but never could justify for what reason other than it sitting their collecting dust. Eventually, I will make my pouf dreams come true.
I am in no way saying that Opalhouse copied Anthropologie or vice versa. Both companies have created beautiful home decor pieces based on the trends that are currently thriving. However, I am more of a budget friendly shopper and love a good deal so if I can get something super stylish for half the price you know I am going for that option!
Did you recognize anymore dupes that I may have missed? Comment below and fill me in! Also find my on Instagram to see if I have purchased any of these pieces as I decorate my new home.