First and foremost I would like to send a big thank you shout out to “Female Original” for nominating me for the Liebster Award. I have seen this award flying around the blogging community but never really knew what it was all about until this lovely lady tagged me as one of her nominations!
After some searching of what exactly this award entails it looks like there is a 2017 updated version! Side note: did you also know that Liebster is of German origin meaning sweetest, kindest etc??
Here are the rules courtesy of TheGlobalAussie.com
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster Award in which you should do the following:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well. (check)
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.) (check)
- For the 2017 Liebster Award, I will be shaking things up! Write a 150-300 word post about your favourite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links. (seems like more and more things are getting added this year! I apologize in advance for how long this will be)
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (This year I’m making this optional. If you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about you.) (This doesn’t seem super necessary as I am already answering questions about myself, it’s a two for one)
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you. (check, her post to me is tagged in her name above)
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (The rules from Female Original had 1,000 followers so let’s just go with any small bloggers out there in general!)
- Create a new list of questions for the bloggers you have nominated to answer. (check, pretty excited to see your answers, ladies!)
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here or simply link to this post.) (check)
Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or mine if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it! Post a comment in the comments below so I can view your post and check out your blog. I personally visit each and everyone. I visited a few hundred last year!!
So here goes nothing!
MY FAVORITE BLOG CURRENTLY
As a new blogger I have based a lot of my decisions on fellow bloggers who have created quite a business for themselves. Those who work for themselves doing what they love is very inspiring to me, don’t all of us just want to do what we love in some form or another. My current inspiration has to be Sheila from InSearchofSheila.com. She is currently working on a Pinterest series which has been very helpful and it is just nice to hear from those who may have it more together than myself, but also are relateable and engage with the community.
ON TO THE QUESTIONS
- What are your 3 favorite films of all time?
- My taste in movies is pretty stuck in the 80’s and 90’s realm so I would have to say Picture Perfect, The Breakfast Club and Dead Poet’s Society.
- How long have you been blogging for?
- So, for many years I have attempted to start blogs and have always quit for some reason or another. This being my first official attempt that has stuck, it has been a little under a month!
- What is your favorite item of clothing that you own?
- I am gonna have to say my oversized plaid button-up at the moment. Super comfy, laid back and celebratory of fall even though it is still 80 degrees outside!
- Have you been abroad? If so, where was your favorite destination?
- Unfortunately not. However, my biggest bucket list destination would be Ireland.
- What is your absolute favorite meal ever?
- Tacos. Without a doubt.
- What advice would you give to your younger self?
- That it could always be worse. Stop sweating the small stuff because things happen that are out of our control. And to stop being afraid of doing what you love in fear of judgement.
- What is your favorite thing about yourself?
- How hard is it to give yourself compliments, am I right? I guess I would say my charisma, I enjoy lightening the mood and talking to people, working with others well.
- What is your greatest accomplishment?
- This blog. As cheesy as it sounds and as new as this whole thing is, it has been a dream for a long time. A dream that I kept shying away from in fear of showing too much of myself. Now I don’t care what others think, bloggers gonna blog.
- Which of your blogs do you feel is your best? (with link)
- There aren’t many to choose from as of right now. My beauty blogs seems to do pretty well. Let’s go with my Shop the Look, the first time I have showed more than just my upper body in a photo in a long time. Personal and statistical accomplishment right there.
- What advice would you give to new bloggers?
- Engage with others. Not only does this help your statistics but it helps you meet some amazing new people who have the same interests, stories and issues as you.
- What is your favorite hobby outside of blogging?
- Is Netflix a hobby? But seriously, between working and commuting my favorite things to do are relax at home with my boyfriend or visiting family members on Sunday afternoons.
So I put some thought into who I would want to nominate and have decided on 7 lovely ladies. A couple fellow Mainers, a funny lady whom I tweet with often and a few new twitter friends that I would enjoy getting to know better.
HERE ARE YOUR QUESTIONS, LADIES:
- Where do you see yourself in ONE year?
- Which season resonates with you most, and why?
- If you could visit a new city tomorrow where would you go?
- How has your 2017 been thus far?
- What is the “back story” to your blog?
- Do you believe in astrology? If so, how does your zodiac sign represent you?
- If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life what would it be?
- What is your favorite book? (Can list more than one if need be)
- What advice would you give to new bloggers? (loved this one so much I am using it as my own)
- What is your favorite flower?
- How has your experience with the blogging community been?
Excited to see your answers and thank you again to Female Original for your nomination!
Let the awarding begin!