I am an avid Youtube viewer. There are Youtubers that I have been watching for almost a decade and I have quietly stayed loyal to them. One creator is Sarah Belle, she is a lifestyle youtube creator currently residing in Nashville and has the most vibrant western boho style I have ever seen. She posts a lot about her Anthropologie outfits and apartment decor finds. Many months back I was watching one of her videos where she transforms a wall in her tiny apartment by putting removable wallpaper on it. It looked unique and stunning. I had always assumed that wallpaper was permanent, which in turn made it very intimidating.
My parents had wallpaper in their bathroom and as the years went on the style just became tacky (sorry dad). But now wallpaper seems to be making a comeback and with the option to have temporary styles it is getting even bigger. I recently created two posts all about the new Opalhouse collection at Target and it’s similarities to Anthropologie. And both feature a set of styled wallpapers. This really brings a whole new realm to interior design. Gone are the days where you just had the creative range to pick a paint color. Now you can have a number of colors and patterns on your walls in any shape or form. The possibilities are endless.
Now, if I am being completely honest some of them are just waaaay too much for my taste. I do not need huge parrots or roaring panthers on my wall, but if you do, rock on with your bad self. Being a new homeowner and slowly re-designing my living spaces I have been toying with the idea of a patterned wall. I took the plunge and gave my bathroom a black accent wall so now I have truly opened the floodgates and want to try more. Like I mentioned before, Opalhouse and Anthropologie are a little too adventurous as I take a step deeper into interior design. So I took to Pinterest and the rest of the interwebs to find removable wallpaper inspirations that I could definitely welcome into my home. Plus, it is removable so if I hate it I can just peel it off, right?
Removable Wallpaper. Part One.
The wallpapers in this section are all from the wonderful Chasing Paper company. They specialize in creating beautiful paper goods and have the wonderful talent.
1. Speckled // Freehand dot print that comes in in 7 different colors including this black shown above, royal blue and marigold. Minimal and chic with pops are color would be super cute in any room. They also show this used in steps, the bottom of trays or the backsplash in cabinets.
2. Lemon Fresh // This lemon print by Kelly Ventura is vibrantly vintage and would really brighten up any space. I think this would be so cute in a kitchen or breakfast nook.
3. New Moon // I am definitely a moon lover. There is just something so beautiful and powerful about it. This print is shown in a nursery which makes perfect sense to create and sleepy spot.
4. Popsicle // I scream, you scream, we all scream for this wallpaper. If you have a sweet tooth this print created by Alessandra Olanow is perfect for you.
5. Green Leaf // Add a touch of tropical to your living space with this big palm leaf print. One of Chasing Paper’s best sellers!
6. Star Bright // This starry pattern with turquoise backdrop almost gives the illusion that the star is actually beaming through.
Removable Wallpaper. Part Two.
Hygge & West is another amazing interior design go to. They specialize in anything that can have beautiful prints applied such as curtains, wallpaper, beddings and more. All prints have a sense of whimsy that cannot be passed up.
- Raindrops // Various shades of freehand painted green drops on a white background inspired by the watercolor painting technique. It is beautiful, colorful and earthy.
2. Tassels // I have really been on a tassel kick lately and this Mexican inspired blue and white tassel print is stunning in more ways than one. Capturing a cartoonish motion that creates a fun yet simple space.
3. Dog Park // I know I made fun of animal printed wallpaper but this dog park print is too cute not to share. I don’t know if I would necessarily fill my living room with this design but it could make a cute accent wall for a mud room.
4. Daydream // This Daydream print is absolutely stunning. It comes in several color varieties but this light blue and yellow version is to die for. It truly is dreamy.
5. Cosmic Desert // This print is the exact print I think of when I mentioned Youtube creator, Sarah Belle, earlier. This one is what opened my eyes to all the wallpaper possibilities. Her flair for the southwestern boho vibe is strong with this design.
6. Wood (Cream) // This design is wallpaper without shouting “hey I am a wallpaper!”, does that make sense? It adds just enough dimension to make things interesting but not enough to turn guests away.
Removable Wallpaper. Part Three.
After recently opening up my own Etsy shop (check it out here) my eyes have been opened up the endless creative opportunities that Etsy has to offer. There are so many talented people on there! With this being said, I also had no idea that Etsy wallpaper is. But it sure is, and it is magical.
- Lemon Bowl // We already know that lemons are my jam. Is there such a thing as lemon jam, because I need it in my life. So when I found this adorable print by Kate Zaremba I knew it was meant to be.
2. Orange Blossom // And while we are feeling fruity, this orange blossom print sold by Spoonflower is absolutely perfect. There is just something so fresh, colorful and inviting about these prints that I seriously cannot get enough.
4. Peony Mural // I have seen large peony flowers on bedroom walls before. Specifically in Audrey Roloff’s master bedroom. These larger than life flowers really bring a grand elegance to any room.
5. Watercolor Cactus // Where are my cacti lovers at? This design is just super cute! I am speechless.
6. Bright Eyes // We are back to the talented Kate Zaremba with this whimsical eye print. I can imagine this near a vanity or closet. Perfect for getting ready for your day in style.
Removable Wallpaper. Part Four.
This last section I took to the wonderful world of Pinterest. Join my Wallpaper Pinterest Group Board to share all the designs that you have found in your internet travels. There are millions of creative ideas that you could never possibly dream up yourself. Luckily, we have Pinterest as the perfect inspiration tool.
Juncaceae // This wallpaper is perfect for springtime. Blooming flowers make the prettiest spring home decor, why not keep them on your wall too?
- Outside the Lines // WallsNeedLove is such a great place to find unique wallpaper prints. I am loving the messy and imperfect design of this blue splotched watercolor print!
3. Scandinavian Design // This is giving me all the minimalist feels. There is something so simple yet so beautiful about handwritten arrows. This wallpaper is another Etsy creation, but I technically still found it on Pinterest!
4. Aztec Pattern // Give me all the Aztec vibes! I loooove this kind of print and you can find it in numerous variations around my home. Not sure where I would put this wallpaper, but it is perfect.
5. Captain Ahab // I am having a whale of a time finding all these cute wallpaper designs! Maybe a little too much because now I am starting to make corny puns.
6. Floral Poppy // I am still not sure how coral and mint work so well together but in the poppy print they are stunning! So cute for a little girl’s bedroom in my opinion.
We have come to the end of our wallpaper journey. I have picked out the top favorites from brands, creators and beyond. If you are still here, which print is your absolute favorite? Comment below! In all honesty, I am still swooning over those green raindrops from Hygge & West. Find me on Instagram where I post all about my renovation activities and to see if I take the plunge into removable wallpaper land.
Happy Wall Decorating!